Ongoing updates from the Graduate School on its operations and policies in response to the COVID-19 pandemic are posted here. An FAQ for Graduate Students about the return to campus is available here.
Student Drop-In Hour
- Questions? Concerns? Anything you want to talk about? Graduate students are always invited to drop in to the Graduate Studies Chair Virtual Student Hour, 3:00pm-4:00pm every Tuesday during Fall semester
Information from the Graduate School
- Practice of the Profession PoP provides a series of professionalization workshops for graduate students, guided by faculty members, graduate alumni, and administrative professionals from across the university. All graduate students are welcome. Click on the Series Schedule for 2020-2021 for more information and to register.
- The Versatile Ph.D.
The Graduate School has purchased a subscription to The Versatile Ph.D., a web-based resource that helps graduate students explore how to pursue non-academic career options. You must access this resource through Ohio State’s authentication page, which will lead you to an internal Graduate School webpage. To start this process, go to http://go.osu.edu/VersatilePhD where you will be prompted to authenticate that you are a member of the Ohio State graduate community.
National Center for Faculty Diversity
Ohio State has partnered with NCFFD to provide access to its resources supporting writing and research productivity for academics at every stage of their careers.
- Grants and Funding Opportunities for Graduate Students
Health and Wellness Resources
- Ohio State Grad Student Resources Guide: Wellness Resources
- Counseling and Consultation Services
- CCS offers 10 free private sessions per academic year to all graduate students, and hosts group sessions for graduate students
- ProtoCall provides after-hours crisis phone counseling service; call 614-292-5766 (choose option 2)
- Crisis Text Line provides support and information to those experiencing any kind of crisis; text "START" to 741-741
- Student Wellness Center
- Free services include nutrition coaching, fitness coaching, wellness coaching, STI and HIV testing, and support for those in recovery
- Let's Talk Program
- Drop-in, informal mental health consultations on a first-come, first-served basis; free and confidential
- Student Health Services
- Comprehensive health services; appointments can be booked online through My BuckMD
- Recreation and Physical Activities Center (RPAC)
- Your membership to the RPAC is included in your student fees; offers intramural and club sports, outdoor activities, group fitness and wellness classes, and personal training at a discounted rate
Some links on this page are to .pdf files. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. PDF files require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader software to open them. If you do not have Reader, you may use the following link to Adobe to download it for free at: Adobe Acrobat Reader.