We hope you can join us for what promises to be an engaging conversation regarding food and food choice, with specific regard to the meat industry. Registrants are invited to watch (free of charge) filmmaker and fellow panelist Zev Robinson's 38-minute documentary, "The Scottish Breed" in advance of the discussion. (Check out the trailer below.)
The weblink to the documentary will be sent out to those who have registered by June 9th. After June 9th, registrants will receive the weblink embedded in the confirmation message.
The discussion itself will take place on June 15th, from 12pm-1pm EST, and includes a wide array of perspectives:
- Nicolette Hahn Niman, JD, rancher and author of 'Defending Beef'
- Denise Walton, Peelham Farms, interviewed in the documentary
- Vicki Hird, MSc, head of the Sustainable Farming Campaign for Sustain: The Alliance for Better Food and Farming, and author of 'Rebugging the Planet'
- Garrett Broad, PhD, associate professor in the Department of Communication and Media Studies at Fordham University, and author of 'More than Just Food: Food Justice and Community Change'
- Zev Robinson, MFA, artist and filmmaker
Mark Anthony Arceño, PhD -- Academic Program Coordinator of the Ohio State Department of Comparative Studies and Chapter Leader of Slow Food Columbus -- will moderate this discussion. This event is sponsored by the Ohio State Department of Comparative Studies and co-hosted with Slow Food Columbus.